Friday, February 11, 2011

Look, it's fucking complicated, ok


I did construct a brand spankin new firing circuit and mount it. It's now powered by one seriously el-cheapo 16bit pic chip (that I'm in love with). Problem is, I also changed the diodes I've been using and it seems like they'll blow out at the drop of a hat. Specifically, when the magnets tried firing while the system was charging (my most common issue). I'm not looking forward to fabricating and installing an entire second chip when I've blown all the sections of this one. For now, I'll try splicing more diodes in parallel with the existing ones (since they blow to the open-connection position).

On another interesting note, the 2nd accelerator gate was never quite the same after a chunk of wire fell into the firing circuit. Specifically, it would fire while charging unless there was a scope on a specific part of it, then it'd charge just fine. Seemed like a bit of a risk to keep it in so I switched it with one of the many firing circuits I'd previously made and am now not using.

No comments:

Post a Comment