Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A circuit so hot it might as well be wearing a wet t-shirt.

Parts arrived today. This is the layout of the new firing circuit. There's all the components for amplifying and filtering the firing signal, allowing power into the cap, giving the visual indicator for the cap, and sporting the connectors for everything on the this magnet. Notice that I'm also leaving extra room on these boards in case I need to cram extra stuff I'm not expecting in there. I'll be making 13 of these.

You can also see in the background a test setup for the sensor. This circuit must also be built but is far simpler.

Down below, you can see the very simple firing circuit. I've been going out of my way to get this system as absolutely minimally simple as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment