Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I makes me feel like less of a man

I just did a small test to show that it works not just firing one of the magnets but actually using two of them. There's still a lot of work to do but this shows that the prototype wiring is all correct (or at least close enough).

This shot was taken at 100V or about 1/8th power. It also only used two of the magnets. In the final version there will be 12 of them. That comes out to about 2% power. In reality I probably won't get the power out of later ones that I might want so call it about 5% power.

Also, finally got a working credit card again so the buying continues:
* T-slot nuts for the milling machine
* Helmet cam so I don't have to use the cell-phone
* An ass ton of electronics from digikey (or I will later tonight after I debug one last thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment